Admin Webpart: Unhandled exception

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Hi Alon,

I get an Unhandled exception, when I try to update the users standing:

Web Part Error: Unhandled exception was thrown by the sandboxed code wrapper's Execute method in the partial trust app domain: An unexpected error has occurred.
The standings will update fine, but what does that error mean? Where can I debug this message?
Regards Tobi
Jun 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Hi Alon,

I have inserted the missing rows for every user, so that every user has got the 31 rows, but the update user's standing webpart throws this error every time. It seems that not every user standing is correct updated. Have you any idea on that? Maybe display a bit more error information what was the problem?

Thanks.

Tobi

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM

What's about the others? Does the unhandled exception only comes to my screen when I update the user's standing?

Any Feedback?

Regards Tobi

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Can you tell me where or how I could enter the additional infor for line 31. I have one user where we are getting the error, but I cannot find how to fix this.

Thanks

Hits

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Just make the lists visible with the admin webpart (Button Show lists), open the HaviviUserMatches List, filter the user and insert the missing line.

<SharePoint Site>/Lists/HaviviUserMatches/AllItems.aspx

Regards Tobi

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM
tobipick wrote:

Just make the lists visible with the admin webpart (Button Show lists), open the HaviviUserMatches List, filter the user and insert the missing line.

<SharePoint Site>/Lists/HaviviUserMatches/AllItems.aspx

Regards Tobi

But if the missing match was match 1 the scores will be in the wrong order and the points will be wrong.

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Thanks for that Tobi.

When I am looking at the list, for all the users, I see the title filed as (no title).

I had to add in two line for this user, but I am still getting the error.

Is it possible to delete all entries for a user, and to re-enter them somehow. I have a list of all his predictions to date.

Hits

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Hi all,

I have done a small workaround to show the correct scores, because the "Update users standings" button throws an error for me. I have analyzed the query with the SQL Profiler and have written then a short SQL statement, place this query in an excel sheet and upload this file daily to the site. The query selects the data from the UserMatches List, the only thing you have to change is the ID's for your List and Site ID. Have a try.

------------------------

SELECT     ROW_NUMBER () OVER (ORDER BY SUM([float4]) DESC) AS [#],
               [nvarchar4]        AS [Name],
               [nvarchar3]        AS [Login],
               SUM([float4])     AS [Score]

FROM    AllUserData

WHERE    [tp_Level] = 1
     AND    [tp_RowOrdinal] = 0
     AND    [tp_ListID] = '6CEDBA02-BEE5-49FA-9026-2727C292319D' -- Havivi User Matches List ID
     AND    [tp_SiteId] = 'C51F3FC6-862B-4968-985C-6D6C37EEF3A0' -- SharePoint Site ID
     AND    [float4] IS NOT NULL
     AND    [nvarchar4] IS NOT NULL

GROUP BY [nvarchar4], [nvarchar3]

ORDER BY SUM([float4]) DESC

------------------------

The Problem that a user does not have the 31 lines inside the list (also when he enters the predictions after matches are finished and the order problematic) is still an open topic and I don't know how we can handle this. Maybe Alon could raise his hand here and write a comment.

Regards Tobi