value out of range... :-(

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Edited Jun 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Hi,

some useres reported "argument out of range" after making their predictions.

They cannot see the game list.

After deleting their entries in the table usermatches, the predictions of the users where gone, and the game list was visible again to them.

Can anyone help pls ? :-(

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM

i changed the Display Name of the User for testing purposes, the table was displayed again - but empty.

What can be wrong?

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM

to be exactly - only the first ten users can display the game list... :(

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM

i got some reply from out programmers:

Error occures in function "CreateChildControls()".

Most likly in function "CreateMatchRow"

Error.Message is "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values"

(MatchesWebPart.cs)

at row:

cell.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl(string.Format("<SPAN class=menu-item-text>{0}</SPAN>", itemsUserMatches[matchIndex - 1]["Score"].ToString())));

There is no pattern which could help to solve this problem for us currently. I guess the case is, that a match-score is called

within the array which is "null". To solve this problem a solution could might be to save the values in an way needed as the user saves

but i guess theres no guarantee that this will work. But its for sure, that its an array-access failure.

If we catch this exception and jsut go ahead there will be no predicted tipps be displayed :(

If they would, it would be the solution for us I guess.

thanks in advance

Jun 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM

okay, my colleagues are sure that they find the cause:

normally, there should be 31 lines generated for each player.

in some cases, there are only 30 lines generated and the webpart displays the error message.

Our solution will be to generate the missing line for each of the affected players manually.

Havivi, wanna check that cross? :)

Any idea why this happen?

Jun 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Havivi, wanna check that? seems to be a bug (see issue tracker)

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I confirm, if a user didn't register for the match... he get an error like describes below.

For my users I had to edit the list and create them manually, but that could be a pain...

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

in a big company with hundreds of potentially players this is not an option :(

the solution can't be very difficult and the cause was already found: http://euro2012.codeplex.com/workitem/12247

In the moment, i get an notification for the list and i have to add the 31st line for each new user manually. :-(