Match start time two hours late

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Hello and thank you for a great solution and a very special extra thank you for sticking in there and solving all the little problems that shows up!

Here is my problem: I have installed 1.4 on a vanilla English team site but the site collections root site is in Swedish. I have enabled the swedish locale on the Euro 2012 site. The HaviviMatches list has the correct start time for the matches (UTC+2) but the Euro 2012 Matches web part adds another two hours to that time.

This also raises the question what time value does the locking mechanism operate on?

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Same problem on a german side.

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM

+1

I changed Site settings > Regional settings to correct locale, then timezone to UTC (Greenwich) and it seems OK now.

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Hi roffeh,

You'r welcome :)

In the code I change the UTC time To Your LocalTime (The settings in SharePoint).

You can also modify this by using the admin webpart.

Click Show Lists --> All site Content: --> HaviviMatches list --> Modify the dates --> Hide the lists again

Alon

Jun 5, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Hi Alon,

sorry, but with your current version 1.5 the match times are not working. I have set up my correct regional settings to +1 (german time) and your matches begin at 16 and 18:45. So in version 1.4 everything was correct. The only thing what the admin have to do is set the correct time zone to +1 that's it. Could you change the setting back again? Or how should I change my regional settings, that the match times are displayed correct in version 1.5?

Regards Tobi

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Tobi, just....

Click Show Lists --> All site Content: --> HaviviMatches list --> Modify the dates --> Hide the lists again

worked for me perfectly :)

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Yes, this is clear. But I don't wont change every match time manually. Is there no solution to get the correct match times automatically regardless which regional time zone setting is set for the site?

Alon, any idea?

Regards Tobi

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM

The new version 1.5 fixed this for me.

Thanks again, Alon!

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Ok, once again.

I have set up my regional settings for german local and german time UTC+1 and then I go manually in the matches list and correct the match times +2 hours. When do the dropdown fields change to locked/disabled? It seems that they are locked only when the game is started or?

So should I correct the rules hint or? Because 3 hours before the game does not match.

Sorry for that question again, but I have now 450 players on the site. Hopefully everything works as you described.

Regards Tobi