Web Part Error: Unhandled exception when users try to save their predicitons

May 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Hi,

This solution looks good fun (thanks!) but I'm having problems getting it to work. I've installed it ok, I think and it works (for me) but when users try to save their predictions they get this error:

Web Part Error: Unhandled exception was thrown by the sandboxed code wrapper's Execute method in the partial trust app domain: An unexpected error has occurred.

The users have 'contribute' permissions to the site. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

Coordinator
May 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Hi Steve,

Did you install it on Teamsite? Please make sure the user are members of the members group (with contribute permissions).

I tested this solution on SharePoint Online with a clean Teamsite template.

I will take a closer look at this today...

Alon

May 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Thanks for the swift response.

Yes, I installed it on a new 'vanilla' Team Site, following your YouTube video (which seems to get 'stuck' in the middle by the way) with the default groups. The users are in the members group (with contribute permissions). I added one to the 'Owner' group as a test and it still won't work for any user other than myself, and my domain admin account.

I have actually tried it on two different SharePoint servers, both with the same result.

Thank you for investigating.

Steve

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:43 AM

On the root, give "domain users" contribute rights, it will solved your problem.

I faced the same problem.

Jun 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Yes, you're right!

I was on my way here to post the solution but it seems you discovered it too - the lists used by the system are created on the root site, so the users must have contribute permission to the root (something I'm not too keen on, so I installed it on a 'test box' for the purpose of the tournament)
:)