Feature requests

May 14, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Hi Alon,

first of all, thanks a lot for this solution. I search this for a couple of weeks. Are you planning to add some more features like maybe these?

- The Matches webpart has got a fixed size, so the users need a big screen, otherwise they have to scroll right and left. Maybe it is possible to remove the background image via the webpart settings?

- normal input fields instead of dropdown boxes would be easier for the user

- an automatic update of the Score via Webservices would be nice, so that the admin don't have to put in the Score manually

What do you think about this?

Regards Tobi

Coordinator
May 14, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Hi Toby,

- fixed size - You are right. I will add a web part property for the next version (will be published this week)

- If I change it to a normal input fields, I will have to add intup validation (more work :))

- This is a very good idea... but, at the moment this solution is also support SharePoint Online (365). This mean that update with extern webservices will requires more work for developing.

Thanks for the feedback,

Alon

May 15, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Edited May 15, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Thanks for your feedback.

It would be very nice to change the dropdown to normal input fields. I think you can properply ignore the input validation, because someone who will enter the tip will not enter a letter and if yes, then he is wrong on this site.....

I think anybody knows that soccer games should end up with a numeric score!

Another idea is perhaps to place only one button for update users score and not one for every game, if it is not to complicated for you.

Regards Tobi

May 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Hi Alon,

any news about the new version?

Regards Tobi

Coordinator
May 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Today :)

May 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Nice

Coordinator
May 21, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Check the new version: http://euro2012.codeplex.com/releases/view/88189

May 22, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Hi Alon,

thanks a lot, this looks pretty good. One last questions. How do I reset my test entries? I have tried to put the dropdown boxes empty and save the data, but if I click on another site and come back, the values are still there?? Is there any hidden list where the score values per person is stored?

Regards Tobi